Friday, January 25, 2008

Can I see some ID sir?



My apologies for the posts or lack thereof recently. I have just started work again this week and have been somewhat fatigued and went to bed fairly early.
Anyways, I wanted to write about something that has bothered me for some time now. You know how they have a rating system to indicate which movies aren't suitable for children? (IE Kill Bill, Basic Instinct, Peter North's Ukranian gangbang...) This of course makes perfect sense as no young children should see these images at a young age.
But I think there should be an inverse rule to. That unless you are attending with children, adults should not be allowed to watch certain movies. It makes me so angry when people my age (mid 20's) and adults watch things like Harry Potter, Ice Age, or any other bullshit CGI film of the month they make.
Seriously...you're an adult so act like it. I have been subjected to one Harry Potter movie, and by the end I actually considered driving my car into a heavily populated area IE Starbucks where I figured there would be many adult Potter fans.
It's a book written for kids for gods sake! Fuck, I don't go to the library at 26 years old and ask where I can find the newest "Goosebumps" in paperback. I expect that any other self respecting adult would do the same.
When the last Harry Potter movie or book came out, it was all the rage on the news. Anyways, they showed an adult dressed up as one of the characters from Harry Potter waiting in line. This was an adult male who was through his own volition dressed up in a public place as a character from Harry Potter. He didn't lose a bet, it wasn't a costume party, it wasn't Halloween, he wasn't insane, no he actually made a conscious decision to do this. Of course the reporter asked about the costume and he said "I like to dress up like this because it's fun and escape from reality."

WHAT THE FUCK!
Do you know how you escape reality when you're an adult? You drink, you use drugs, you buy a sports car, you change your identity to Michael J Cox, you go to therapy, you wrap your mouth around a shotgun and pull the trigger....that's how you escape reality when you're an adult. You don't dress up as some wizard in public and be proud of it. Seriously, that dude needs to eat a bag of dicks....

No comments: