Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Takes a licking.......



"....I'm Ad Rock And I Shock And I Tick And I Tock
And I Can't Stop With The Body Rock
See I've Got Heart Like John Starks"


(Excerpt from the track "Get It Together" by the Beastie Boys ft. A Tribe Called Quest)

Sure I would love to post about John Starks, but I won't. Nah, I feel good today as I am fresh off my trip across the pond to England and I need to write as much as possible before I have to start work again.

Anyways, while on vacation I saw a film or two. One of the one's I saw was Home Alone 2. Now I have already seen this movie a few times but I had not seen it for a long while and I forgot most of what happened. Sure I remembered there was unabashed hijinx and tomfoolery, but I didn't realize how much more VIOLENT Home Alone 2 was. In the first one, the traps Kevin set where cute, and besides Joe Pesci grabbing a hot door handle, and Daniel Stern stepping on a nail, it was pretty tame stuff.
But man, in Home Alone 2 Daniel Stern takes the biggest SHIT kicking ever.
Which brings us to today's little question, who has taken some of the most vicious beatings in Hollywood history and come back from it?

Rocky (Rocky 3-Final Fight vs Clubber Lang)
I am sure you could very well pick anyone of the Rocky films and make an argument and that's fine by me. But Rocky 3 is actually my favorite of the lot. Besides his strategy is to actually tire Clubber by letting him kick the shit out of him. I don't know too many fights were one guy just thought "Hey I'll let him get mad and kick the shit out of me, and once that's finished then I'll make my move!"
My sister tried using this strategy on me when we were kids, but she had a glass jaw and went down every time. That's what you get when you steal my "popsicle pete points."
This scene is just great to watch, and made me love Apollo Creed just a little more.


Marv (Home Alone 2)
As I alluded to earlier, the punishment this man takes would have killed the strongest man a hundred times over. Seriously, I don't know how some of these ideas were greenlit considering it was a kids movie.
I will let you be the judge on this hilarious montage complete with lovable background music.
PS-best part of the montage is when Joe Pesci turns into a Chinese gymnast. Great form Joe.

Wiley Coyote
You know my heart goes out to this guy. Poor little fella just can't seem to do anything right. You would think with all his misfortunes, he would just call it a day, but that sumofabitch just won't give up. I got a little misty in this montage of Wiley's attempts. You'd think after all these years that Wiley would have caught him.....he needs to stop buying ACME if he has any chance. I suggest GE, they make quality products.

You could make a case for any of them and it's too close to select one clear winner.
But if we're going strictly based on montages then I totally pick the Wiley Coyote one.

No comments: