Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A letter to my old "partner"



Dear TBS Superstation,

Hey TBS, how are you? I know these catch up letters are always kind of awkward. It feels like it's been such a long time since we last talked. So much has been going on with you, and whenever I call you're never home.
As for me, I'm doing ok. I'm still out in Los Angeles trying to "find myself". Hahaha, I guess same as last time. But if I'm being honest TBS, I think that's in large part to you leaving me. I've changed in a lot of ways, you know, done some growing up.
I don't want to start this letter off by "guilt tripping" you, but since you left me and starting seeing Peachtree, well it's been kinda gray.
I know I shouldn't live in the past and I should get on with my life, but some days are harder than others.
My grandma asked about you recently, you know asked how you were doing. We had a chuckle about you. She always loved watching the same movies Fri night, Sat night, and Sun. Sure she was old and forgot that she had watched the same movie three times in one weekend, but you know how old people forget all the time.
I must inform you with a heavy heart that she passed away two nights ago peacfully in her sleep. The doctors say it was because she had advanced clubfoot. I say it was from a broken heart after being able to watch 'Blue Streak' only once, not twice, or even thrice. The funeral is tomorrow.
I always loved how we made Saturday afternoon our special time. Even if I got really fucked up Friday night, no matter how bad I was Saturday afternoon, I knew I could lay my head down and enjoy The Breakfast Club or any one of John Hughes delightful 80s films, and it just felt 'right.' I really miss that comfort.
I don't know how to describe to you TBS how you made me feel...you always so unique. Starting five minutes after everyone did so while others had their commercials people tuned into and watched you. Sure I was a bit jealous, but it's what made you so special to me and the people who knew you best.
I know it's the holiday season so I guess I am a bit more sentimental this time of year. But Christmas day was always so special. I could always count on you playing The Christmas Story for 24 hours straight, but now that you're with Peachtree now, I don't even know if thats going to happen.
Anyways, I hope to hear back from you and maybe we can catch up if you're ever in town, but please call first.

Have a great holidays TBS, I still think about you.

PS-If you talk to your brother Turner Classics, could you ask him to play a Rambo Marathon?

Eternally yours,

Trace Milyn

No comments: