Monday, November 12, 2007

A voice of reason returns

Wow...they still have the internet on computers? This is messed up!Being 2007 and all I thought the internet would be obsolete like the Delorean or PlayStation 3. But much like the Friday the 13th Franchise it has stood the test of time, and played a major role in our society today.

I have been outta the blogging game for quite some time now, but I figured now is as good as any a time to jump right back into it.

Being overseas for a year I missed a lot of shit that came out from mid 06 to mid 07. But I am slowly getting reacquainted with movies I missed from last year. (Just got finished with Little Miss Sunshine...great film)

That being said, what did I miss? What should my entertainment "to do"list look like? This is where I need your help! It's my style to be one year behind everything.(I just bought my first 'walkman' the other day along with the cassette by an up and coming group called 'HueyLewis and The News'. Let's just say if their 'news' is as powerful as their lyrical stylings, I will be catching the headlines a lot more often.)

But I digress...

So some shows I want to check out
-Flight of the Concords
-Heroes
-Californication

Films
-Last King of Scotland
-Babel
-Blood Diamond
-The Illusionist
-Stop, or my Mom will shoot!

I have however been a documentary tear as of late, while trying to catch up on some recommendations from friends. Too many to name, but I must give props to:

-Awesome! I F*cking shot that! (Beastie Boys doc)
-American Movie (funniest doc I have ever seen...a true comedy of errors)
-Fog Of War(a candid interview with Robert McNamara)
-Zeigest(debunking the myths of religion,9/11 and the World Bank)
-Loose Change(see above:9/11 much more in depth)
-The Wind that shakes the barley(great movie about the british occupation of Ireland)
-Layercake(in recent memory, I would say best "mob" movie)
-Bus 174(doc on the tragic bus hijacking in Rio De Janeiro)

Anyways, I have a lot of shit to speak on, but we'll save that for another day. I don't think Hollywood is any worse shape than when I left it. Well I do have one axe to grind...enough with the fucking CGI and cartoon movies. It seems like every celebrity, and washed up celebrity is doing the voice of a heartbroken frog, an audacious cat,a forgiving zebra, a confused flying squirrel, a lovable puma,etc...etc.Just stop it ok. You CGI folks and the animal kingdom can take 5 cause I am tired of turning on the TV and seeing an ad for some stupid fucking ant (with Ian Ziering doing the voice) who has to fight his way from the backyard and overcoming his fear of the lawnmower, to make it to the patio so he and his ant friends can steal the evil Ms.Huggin's (with Rhea Pearlman doing the voice) jello mold. We get it ok? Shit, we got it back in '89 when the ant fought the scorpion in Honey, I shrunk the kids....but I guess history always repeats itself.

Anyways, that trend doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon. Fuck hopefully they run out of animals.

We'll talk soon...we got a lot of catching up to do ;)

No comments: